CHERRY CRUMBLE BARS
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
5 LARGE eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon PURE almond extract
5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cans (21 ounce) COMSTOCK cherry pie filling (see notes)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey nut granola, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a large (12×17) jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, eggs, and vanilla and almond flavorings and continue stirring until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Reserve 1 3/4 cup of dough.
- Spread and gently press half the dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
- To the remaining 1 3/4 cups batter add in the brown sugar and granola pieces.
- Drop remaining batter in small pieces over the cherry filling.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.Turn pan halfway.
- Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cool completely before glazing.
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over the bars.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- This recipe works well with apple, lemon and peach also as well as the apple/cherry or apple/blackberry combinations.
- This can be made in 2 9×13 pans to stretch farther. When I do that I use a 3rd can of pie filling.