BROWN SUGAR BOURBON PORK CHOPS with BRUSSELS SPROUTS & APPLE PAN SAUCE
2 boneless pork steaks
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 cups Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
2 CRISP apples, cored, peeled & diced
3 LARGE green onions, sliced thin and divided
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon better than bouillon chicken base
1/2 cup homemade chicken stock
- Pat pork steaks dry.
- Generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear pork steaks 4-6 minutes per side in hot oil.
- Transfer pork steaks to platter and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add butter.
- Add Brussels sprouts cut side down. Sear Brussels sprouts until JUST crisp on the edges.
- Add apple and whites of green onions, cooking 2 minutes until apple are starting to soften.
- Whisk together the chicken base, chicken stock, brown sugar and bourbon. Add to pan, cooking 5-7 minutes until sauce has thickened and apple is tender.
- Return pork steaks to pan, turning to coat in sauce.
- Plate pork steaks and arrange Brussels sprouts and apples over steaks.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with green onion tops.
TASTE: Sweet & Savory
TEXTURE: Crispy edge Brussels sprouts and tender sweet apples compliment the flavorful pork.
EASE: Easy to Moderate.
APPEARANCE: Appetizing and visually appealing.
PROS: Great meal for company.
CONS: None that I found!
WOULD I MAKE THIS AGAIN? DEFINITELY Yes.