PEASANT CHICKEN – serves 4
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut
2 shallots, sliced thin
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
rice or pasta, prepared per package directions using chicken broth as your water ingredient for more flavor
- Heat oil and butter in large saute skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Generously season chicken pieces with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- Add chicken pieces to skillet browning 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to platter and tent to keep warm.
- Add carrots to pan and saute’ 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add green beans and saute’ 2-4 minutes more.
- Add shallots and saute’ 2 minutes more.
- Add garlic and saute’ 2 minutes more.
- Stir in broth and lemon juice.
- Add chicken back into skillet, simmering 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is beginning to thicken.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Your awesome post is featured on the Top Ten for Full Plate Thursday this week. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and hope you have a very special week!
I saw that – THANK YOU so much! Have a wonderful week.
I do not see green beans listed in the ingredients list. How many?
Thank you for catching that 😀 I updated the recipe! I hope you enjoy it.
That sounds delicious! I just happen to have chicken tenders thawing and was looking for a new recipe to try out with them. Pinned.
I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for stopping by.
[…] PEASANT CHICKEN […]