So I woke up this morning and really wanted to bake even though I can’t personally eat any of it. 😀 I’ve been itching to try something out of my new cookbook from the Prohibition Bakery. All the recipes are boozy and sound absolutely delectable! I love their slogan, please eat responsibly.
Unfortunately, I don’t have on hand all the ingredients to make any one of their recipes EXACTLY as written so right out of the gate I’m improvising. This recipe is going to be “loosely” based on their PINK LADY recipe on page 181 AND their CARAMEL APPLE recipe from page 277. I wasn’t thrilled with their PINK LADY frosting so I’m using the basic frosting from their CARAMEL APPLE but replacing the applejack brandy with the honey brandy I’m using to make the fruit puree.
HONEYED BOGS – yields 18 cup cakes
1 2/3 (208g) cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup yogurt (240g) (I used a black cherry)
1/3 cup (70g) avocado oil
1 cup (200g) sugar
1/4 cup (60g) lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line tins with liners
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the yogurt, avocado oil, sugar, lemon juice and zest with mixer until well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- With mixer on low, gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until JUST combined. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
- Fill cup cake liners two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool COMPLETELY before filling or icing.
12 ounces cranberries
3/4 cup sugar*see note
1 1/4 cup honey brandy
- Combine fruit and brandy in a saucepan.
- Bring to a SLOW boil over a medium heat.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until fruit breaks down and mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and transfer to food processor, blending until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- *Cranberries are tarter than most fruits and require a bit of sugar to tame them.
- Cranberries also require more time to break down the skins so a nice SLOW boil and simmer gives them this time.
1 cup (230g) cranberry puree
1/4 cup honey brandy
- Whisk the puree until smooth.
- Slowly add in the brandy 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring thoroughly after each spoonful until desired consistency reached.
- Transfer to a squeeze bottle.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 pound powdered sugar
1/3 cup Honey Brandy
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until JUST incorporated.
- Slowly stream in the brandy until icing is smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping bag.
- Core each cupcake with a pastry tip.
- Fill the cavity with puree. DO NOT OVERFLOW.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Decorate to your liking.
These cupcakes look delicious. I’ll have to give them a try.
I hope you enjoy them! 😀
I’m going to make them gluten free. Hope it works!
Please let me know if it does? I hope you enjoy them.
[…] BAKED BEANS HONEYED BOGS CHILI LIME STEAK […]
Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #OverTheMoon this week. Each Hostess displays their own features so be sure to visit me on Sunday evening and to see your feature! I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please don’t forget to add your link numbers or post title so we can be sure to visit!
Thank you so much for the wonderful feature!
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared.
My middle son and I often get the urge to bake and have to improvise a recipe with what we have around the house. Sounds like these turned out just fine.
They did and they weren’t too boozy after all 😀