CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup marinated sun dried tomato strips, drained of oil, reserve oil
2 tablespoons marinated sun dried tomatoes oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup chicken broth/stock , low sodium
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup FINELY shredded Parmesan
1 cup basil leaves, packed
Prepared pasta or mashed potatoes
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to form 2 thin steaks.
- Generously sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove to a plate, keep warm.
- Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds until light golden.
- Add wine.
- Bring to simmer and scrape the bottom of the skillet to mix all the brown bits into the wine. Let the wine simmer for 1 minute or so.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan and sun dried tomatoes.
- Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened and well combined.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Fold in basil leaves.
- Return chicken into pan, turning to coat in sauce.
- Serve over prepared pasta or mashed potatoes.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread to sop up sauce!