GREEN & WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, FINELY chopped
2 cans BUSH Great Northern or Navy beans, drained
1 LARGE (4 ounces) can chopped green chiles
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon celery salt
FRESH ground black pepper
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1 can green chile verde enchilada sauce
2 cups HOMEMADE chicken bone broth
1 cup sour cream
1-2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Chopped Jalapenos, OPTIONAL but hubby likes them on his 😀
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions sautéing until transparent.
- Sprinkle with the flour, stirring until blended and golden.
- Add green chiles, cumin, celery salt, FRESH ground black pepper, enchilada sauce and broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes until begins to thicken.
- Alternately add sour cream and cheese, stirring to blend.
- Fold in chicken pieces.
- You can substitute canned chicken or prepare your chicken breast on the grill and then shred.
- Cooks well in a slow cooker and can be left on warm for several hours.